Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

8 Months-December 13th, 2011

Well it looks like I have totally neglected our blog over the last month. Life has been busy with two crazy infants, lots has been going on with no time to document. I still need to get pictures but thought I would go ahead and post before I forgot what you did last month!

Last week you turned 8 months old. I am still in disbelief. I love to look back at pictures and see how much you have grown and changed. My teeny tiny babies are so big with so much personality.

We don't have official height and weight stats but if I had to guess I would say Jackson you are around 21 and Riggs 19 pounds. This makes for 2 very heavy carriers. We don't use them often outside of the car but sometimes that is still easiest especially when eating out.

You both have such infectious smiles and laughs you can always make your mommy and daddy smile. You are relatively easy babies-especially you Riggs. Jackson you are a bit more complicated but I blame that on your reflux and helmet. This month was a big month for teeth in our house. Riggs after months of drooling you finally popped through one little tooth on the bottom-snaggletooth! Jackson if there is one thing you have done ahead of schedule this is it. You have 6 teeth now. You like to cut in groups first it was your bottom two a few months ago and now your 4 top teeth. Soon enough you will have enough to eat a steak. Right now you are both eating two meals a day of homemade baby food (I still need to do a post on that). Normally for breakfast it is oatmeal and a fruit and for dinner you have 2 veggies. Riggs like so many other things you are a machine when it comes to eating so efficient and neat. Jackson you are the complete opposite-slow and messy-but everyday you get a little better. You both are wearing size 3 diapers and anywhere from 6-12 month clothes. This month you both became big sitters you both love to sit and play. It is amazing how quickly you went from slumping over to sitting big!

Jackson I feel like this month so many things have clicked for you. You are rolling over and moving so much more. I knew you could do it, but it had to be in your time. You are still not as mobile as you sister but it you want to you can. You still LOVE the jump-a-roo, it is your happy place. You jump all the time...while someone is holding you, on the floor, sitting up, probably even in your sleep. You are do so much better with going to bed. It still takes a little effort on our part but you are doing better. You love to "read" books-you will sit attentively and just laugh and smile at the book. You love to be entertained and have a bit of separation anxiety if you are left in a room alone-not to anyone in particular you just don't like to be alone. You are such a good snuggler and I have to admit there are some nights I don't mind when you cry so we can sit and rock together.

Riggs your personality is huge. You are everywhere. While you are not crawling quite yet if you wan to get somewhere you can. You favorite thing to do is tear the edges off the play-mat. I think you like to use them as a teether because you chew on them all the time. You are so sweet to even pull some off for your brother. We have to watch you closely, the other morning I was in the kitchen with J then came back to you in the living room and you were behind the Christmas tree. While you are such a good baby you don't like to sit still or be quite so you don't make it long in church any more-more weeks than not you end up in the nursery. You have become a great sleeper for naps and at night. However once you started sleeping through the night your brother stopped-boo for mommy and daddy. You are so independent you can play for hours by yourself and you hold your own bottle now, while I am excited for this milestone I miss my cuddle time with you during feedings.

While I have loved every day with both of you, this last month has to be my favorite. So much is clicking and you can do so much more. Mommy and Daddy love to play with you and also to just sit and watch you as you figure out the next big thing. Our life is so amazing because we have both of you in it!

No comments: