Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

SUYL-Moms of Multiples

This week I am linking up with Kelly's Korner SUYL Moms of Multiples.

This is a category I never dreamed I would fall into a few years ago, however God had different plans and now I am so glad this is part of who I am. One year ago I was 32 weeks pregnant and trying to get ready for the birth of our twins, little did we know in two short weeks they would arrive. The last year has been a whirlwind of craziness, but it has been the best year of my life-one I would never trade for anything.

My swollen pre-eclampic self right before delivery 34w2d

First time holding them together!
Being the mom of twins has brought so much joy to my life. Yes, you get the crazy comments everywhere you go. Are they twins? Are they identical? Note mine are boy/girl-my husband really wants to respond with well not the last time I changed their diapers! Most comments are innocent and sparked by curiosity, while others are down right rude. I literally had someone tell me one time, oh when I am having a bad day with mine I will just think of you. Or on occasion we have had people tell us how horrible it must be to have two at one time. It just saddens me that they don't get to feel the double joy we do. And of course there is the ever common, How do you do it? Well I am sure if you are a Mom of Multiples you have the same response I do...you just do-is there really another option. I am a firm believer that God is in control and he will never give you more than you can handle and we know that these two were meant for us.

First Family Walk

First Mothers Day!

Making it work during feeding time with twins
Having multiples has more than emphasized that it is not about me but there is something so much bigger than that. They make me want to be a better person, one they will always be proud of.

Proud family at Daddy's grad school graduation.

First Clemson football game.

First time eating cereal
You can read throughout this blog about my twins, Jackson and Riggs. With this post I want to focus on one of the things I have loved most about being a twin mom. It is getting to know other twin mommas. There is such a comraderey in this group of women and we love to share life together; give advise to those who have littles and learn from those with bigs. I have been lucky to find a few outlets for these relationships.

First is my local Moms of Multiples club. I joined just a few weeks before the twins were born and have really enjoyed going through this season of life with other ladies doing it to. I have developed some great friendships that I hope will last a lifetime and I know I support beyond belief here. Luckily we have not had first hand experience but I have watched this group rally around other members as they have gone through the darkest of times-most recently as one had to say goodbye to one of their 16 month old twins who lost his battle to cancer. (Please pray for the Watson family) Our club was there to help with child care, meals, huge prayer warriors and so on. I know these are ladies I can count on no matter what the need.  If you have twins or are expecting twins I would really encourage you to see if you can find one of these in your community. In our club we have monthly meetings of various topics, mom's night out, play-dates and seasonal parties.

Next is through twitter (@cmgalloway) and this blog. I love my twin mommas on twitter. It is a support group all the time! While none of us know each other in real life we love on each other and support each other in huge ways. You have those who are always there to encourage who have been where you are and those who are right in the same place so you can compare what you each are doing and what works and what doesn't. I never thought I would be into twitter, but for this reason alone I love it so much. Come over and join us we always love more twin tweeps.

Are you a twin mom or a super twin mom? If so leave a comment I would love to get to "know" you!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog but will be delivering my identical twin girls Monday. I'm scared to death and excited all in one. It looks like yours give you pure joy and I can't wait to experience that.

S. S.

Anne said...

Your twins are beautiful and you are clearly a fabulous mama to them. I am utterly floored anyone would make that "When I have a bad day..." comment. Let's be thankful she DOESN'T have your sweet twins. Yikes. Every family has tough days, but my goodness - let's find a way to be grateful! You handle those with such a great attitude - proud of you!

twinkietotmom said...

Stopping by from SUYL. I'm a mom a 29 weeker twin girls who are now two & a half! I miss when my girls were just almost one! Get ready, you think you've been busy up to now, it only gets busier with each passing year!

Annie said...

Your twins are so cute!!!

I'm a mom of five years old twin girls.

The Howard Bunch said...

Stopping by from Kelly's linkup. Oh my Goodness, Jackson and Riggs are just seriously precious! I can't wait to read more about your kiddos!

Erica :o) said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner, but I was a part of the same Mothers of Multiples group as you when I lived in SC! I LOVE those girls....seriously some of the best women I have ever met. I just saw Jenn O a last week when they were up this way visiting. I have boy /girl twins that just turned 4! My blog is www.hinktwins.blogspot.com

Your twins are precious! Enjoy your babies and that great MOMs club that you have!

Erica :o) said...

Oh and a 11 month old...can't forget about him :o)

Michelle said...

Found you through Kelly. I have boy/girl twins that just turned 7. My FAVORITE comment (that I still get all the time) is "are they identical"! :)

The Sains said...

I think I found your blog last week or the week before, but I'm 30wks pregnant with twins right now. I live in Spartanburg and I'd like to get a little more info about the MOMs group you are part of. I'll contact you on Twitter!

Kari & Blair said...

I love your introduction about all the 'comments' we get...I have twin girls and the comments are just hilarious. Yes, I agree that some are saddening. I have had people say 'I would cut my throat...'!! REALLY!! WOW.

I will certainly follow your blog and good luck with the twins turning one!!!

Kari & Blair said...

Anonymous S.S. If you have facebook, please find me..Kari Willis..I have twin girls (not sure if they are identical or not, but sure look it!) and would love to chat with you! DON"T be scared! It is sooo much fun!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

I have definitely enjoyed getting to "know" you via twitter. Your twins are precious. And can't believe that it's already time for birthday parties. Doesn't seem like it's been long enough for us to already be at that stage in their lives yet!!

Coakley's Journey said...

It is an ongoing joke in our family about the questions we get especially since they are boy/girl "how do you tell them apart" Glad to find another twin mom blog, it makes you feel like someone understands or you get such great advise.

Melanie said...

I am also a mom of boy/girl twins! Mine are 9 months old and it's such an adventure...one that no one else understands except for us moms of two! :) My blog is thefoxfamilyof4.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

wow your kids are soooo cute! love their names, too!

my first is overdue by 3 days as of april 1st. not twins though, just one little lady

anyways, just wanted to say..great blog! i will be back!

Jenny Hayes said...

Your babes are gorgeous! My boys are just a little younger than yours, we will be one May 25th. Thanks for sharing! Double the loves to you!

Kelly said...

Loved reading and seeing your earlier pictures! Being a mom of twins is the best. Definitely double the joy and happiness :)